1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Humidifiers

Discussion in 'Recording' started by BobRogers, Nov 7, 2007.

1. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

I realize this isn't a recording question, but I figured that acoustic recording buffs might have a lot of acoustic instruments and if so it is humidifier season here in the Northern hemisphere. I was getting ready to order filters for my old Honeywells and thought for a minute I was going to have to get a new humidifier. Looks like I'll be able to keep the old ones (I think they are 3 gal.) going for the near term (one in the living room with the piano, one in the studio with the guitars and the URB). But since I was thinking briefly of upgrading - What kind of humidifiers do you use around your musical gear? It would be nice to go up to a 10 gal. and have something as quiet as possible.

2. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I use Honeywells that I got at Lowes. The goal is to maintain a 55 to 65% humidity in the studio.

3. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

Nothing fancy here; just an "Aprilaire" system installed in the main ductwork for both houses we own. The key is annual maintenance and making sure the filter/evaporator core is clean and the water's moving through it properly.

WHen I complete my new room (probably/hopefully) in the spring, I may upgrade to something more robust, dedicated to that room only.