1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I am stuck with a mix, but it's only 1 track :(

Discussion in 'Recording' started by mjatas, Jan 11, 2005.

1. mjatas

mjatas Guest

I am stuck with a DJ mix, but it's recorded as one track only. What is the easiest way to record it and burn to CD-R so I get all 15 tracks so I can switch from track to track, but still get smooth DJ mix from one song to the next without any breaks? I tried many programs, however they never seem to work or I am not doing it right. I need some help. Thanks!

info@obseti.com

2. mjatas

mjatas Guest

come on guys help already!

3. mjatas

mjatas Guest

YOU GET WHAT I AM SAYING? SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

4. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

What programs did you try? I have not done this, but you could probably open the long wave file in something like Wavelab, and "chop it up" into one "song" per window, and then save these individual "songs" (DON'T delete any audio data, or it will not play "seamlessly". Use Cut/Paste functions). Then, burn a CD with Nero (or whatever software you use). Make sure to add the songs in the correct order. If you burn the CD properly (W/O adding 2 seconds of silence between each track), you should still have a full DJ mix that plays seamlessly, and you will have the track markers you need.

There is probably an easier way, but that is what I'd do with the software I have...

:cool:

5. mjatas

mjatas Guest

hey buddy the thing is I have a program to cut one track into many tracks (Meda MP3 Splitter), however when I burn the tracks I add 0 sec. for the space in between each song. So technically it should burn smoothly so that anyone can hear the mix from one song to another without any breaks in between each song. Smooth like a DJ mix CD. I use Nero 6 and I also tried Roxio 7, however when I record with 0 sec. in between each track I still get a little click in between each song when I play back the cd. No matter which cd player I play it in. So I do not get a smooth mix between the tracks because I hear a little click when it changes to the next track. How can I burn the CD so I do not get any clicks in between the tracks?

PS. By the way I use memorex CD-R's and Imation inkjet printable hub CD-R's.

6. mjatas

mjatas Guest

HELP!

7. Randyman...

AHHH. I think doing the "Track Splitting" with a MP3 editor may be your problem!!! Try using a program that will allow you to open the WAVE file, and work with the WAVE files, not MP3's. You will end up with a higher resolution CD, too (converting to and from MP3 is a VERY "lossy" process - you should not have ANY losses if you stay in a WAVE format).

Might work, might not - but that's all I got...

8. mjatas

mjatas Guest

do you know any programs to do this?

9. Randyman...

I use Wavelab 4.0 for 2-track editing. Any descent audio program should be able to open stereo WAVE files (as long as it is not a program dedicated to MP3's). I think MP3's will have issues editing at a sample accurate level due to the compression used (I may be wrong).

10. ghellquist

ghellquist Member

Samplitude does it. Simple as that. Import the sound file, set the markers, press the burn CD command and insert an empty CD. No clicks, no silence between parts.

Some very old CD-players may have a problem playing the CD and add a short silence inbetween, but most players has no problems.

Gunnar

11. mjatas

mjatas Guest

I have all the tracks already cut, I just need a burning program that will burn without any breaks in between the tracks.

12. mjatas

mjatas Guest

where can i get Samplitude? I can't find it anywhere.

13. Randyman...

I think the issue was created when you SPLIT the songs with your MP3 editor. But again - I may be wrong...

14. ghellquist

ghellquist Member

Go look at UMass Lowell SRT

If you are in the States I believe the distributor is at
    http://www.synthax.com

Gunnar

15. mjatas

mjatas Guest

I burned the tracks with Nero, with no pause in between each track and some of the tracks are okay when changing to the next track, but most tracks have a slight pause in between. Maybe it's the program I am usuing to cut the tracks. I am using Meda MP3 Splitter.

16. Randyman...

Do you have an original WAVE of this mix? Or do you ONLY have an MP3? It sounds like you have converted your WAVE file into an MP3 just so you can use your MP3 Meda Splitter. This is taking a big step DOWN in quality.

I do think these issues were caused in Meda MP3 Splitter (still assuming here). Try opening the ORIGINAL long wave file in Samplitude, or Wavelab, etc. Then, do your track markers w/o having to "chop-up" the song. Even if you did chop up the Wave files, they should still be able to play seamlessly from track-to-track.

17. mjatas

mjatas Guest

I have the tracks cut up then I edit them and the wav long 1 track is not edited so I would have to join all the tracks together because the I hate the original 1 track wav file. You see? So I have to join all the 20 tracks up again and use sampletude

18. Randyman...

Whan you say "Edited", what exactly did you edit? Levels, Duratrion, Fades, etc.

If you open the original WAVE file, you should be able to quickly set your CD Track Marker Points, and burn away. This ONE WAVE FILE will translate into 10 or more tracks on the CD (by adding the CD Markers), but it will play as one long wave file if desired. It will still look like ONE FILE in the program, but the CD Track Markers will "tell" the CD where to put its "Tracks" within this long file.

What editing do you need to do to the Wave file (besides adding CD Markers?).

19. mjatas

mjatas Guest

I put special effects to some of the tracks and I like the special effects and some of the tracks. I have to raise the gain because the volume is too low. I like it better the tracks I cut. What I did was I had the tracks cut up as MP3 and then I converted all the songs to WAV file and still have the same problem burning. I have all the songs cut already I just want to know is there a burning software other then Nero and Roxio that can burn it without the breaks in between each track? Like blending the tracks in or cutting a half a sec or a sec. off the ends. Because I think the program Meda MP3 Splitter cuts off like a sec off the end of some tracks and maybe thats why I do not get smooth DJ mix and cuts in between each track??? I am puzzled???

20. mjatas

mjatas Guest

or maybe what I can do is paste all the cut tracks into 1 huge wav track and then from the porgram you said cut it all up again, but does that program paste all the tracks up together and can you cut it again?