1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I did it!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bigdaddybluesman, Dec 8, 2007.

1. I actually recorded something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG......how f'in stressful.

It was so easy hooking up large sound systems compared to figuring out this Roland 2400 POS. It sounded good so it's not really a POS just the instructions are.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will have a complete guitar jam, then I have to figure out how to cut a CD and get it on Soundclick.

Talk about taking baby steps, it feels more like crawling with flippers instead of hands and feet.

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Actually, I think it's the limb buds of the fetus??

Would you like to suck?
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. I do suck, now I have 4 tracks of guitar and bass to prove it.

In pain and waiting for my meds to hit I recorded a basic rhythm track, a bass track, another rhythm track and lead track. Just some 12 bar blues.

It sounds OK, I just have to EQ it to get some separation. Then get it on a CD so you can all tell me how much I suck.

It's been awhile that I actually had to play for real. I haven't played in a bar in over a year and maybe 2-3 times in the 2 years before that. The only recording I did was some fooling around on a 4 track cassette porto studio.

Although I did some stuff in the 80's. Totally forgettable.

So this has been an experience, since I am the producer, engineer, guitar player, bass player, vocalist, drummer and muse not to mention I have to pay for all this equipment.

I watched a thing about Caruso today and I guess I was motivated.....to play not to sing. He was perfect......he was a vocal machine with feeling. Not a bad note, mispronounced word, no throatiness, absolutely perfect as far as I can tell. Every time I hear him I cringe at the thought of my voice.