1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I have a Yamaha 4-track

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fool, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Fool

Fool Guest

Many advanced apologies for my ignorance.

I have a Yamaha 4 track, analog.

And one mic. I use it for vocals.

I also have a pretty respectable four piece indie rock band. Guitar, Base, Drums, Vocals.

I'm looking to start recording. WITH my 4 track.

With THE VERY BASICS in mind, what do I need in the line of mixers, processors, mics, etc.

I just want a demo-type end product. But it would be nice if one could actaully listen to it.

Am I asking for too much help?
  2. inLoco

inLoco Active Member

Jul 25, 2004
    yep! do a little search here in forums and be more specific with the gear you have, what you'll be buying and so on...
  3. J-MADD

J-MADD Active Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Home Page:
    I started recording on a Yamaha MT4X and you CAN get demo quality results with a 4 track. It probably would be benificial for starters to get your hands on a large diaphram condenser microphone. These really improve the sound of vocals, and can be used as a room mic for drums if set back about 6 feet or so. I was in a band that put out a demo on this and people generally liked it. If you have any more questions about this stuff I would be glad to give my opinion. If you learn how to make music sound decent on 4 track analog this will help you greatly when you start to move into higher end equipment.