1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I heard Neve 60 has good pre's.. better than Av737 / ua 610?

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by jaseyjas, Oct 27, 2007.

1. jaseyjas

jaseyjas Guest

I have recently been recording on a neve 60 track console. I have no background working with a neve console, and am still getting things down. The other people in their arent even using the avalon 737s, ua 610's or avalon 2020.... are the pres that good? I know neve has been known for better pres than ssl, but wasnt sure.

recently i recorded drums, and was going to throw the overheads on the avalon 2020, but ended up not in the end. was this a stupid move?

I know people will come back and say.. "whatever sounds better". but im looking for a little better answer than that.

right now im still learning, and dont have the ear to be able to pick my equipment for each thing i record, so i just want to have a general direction to go towards.

2. TheBear

TheBear Guest

ive always been taught, and i think as well, neve is perfect for tracking and over dubbing, and ssl's are perfect for mixing.

ive always been a fan of neve pre's and eq's

3. jaseyjas

jaseyjas Guest

good to know.

thanks!