I need a mixing And mastering studio!!

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by angrycricket, Mar 28, 2005.

1. angrycricket

angrycricket Guest

I need a good studio to mix and master my protools or logic recording session. I live in California if anybody out there has suggestions Id much appreciate it

2. TotalSonic

TotalSonic Guest

Hi Angry Cricket -
    Being based in the East Coast I can't help you that much with specific studio recommendations - although if your near San Francisco my friend Tom Dimuzio has done some great stuff for people. He has a full Pro Control setup at his place -
    but -
    In general I think you'll find that the requirements for a good mix facility in terms of layout and gear are very different from that of a great dedicated mastering room. My suggestion is to first find a place that you find comfortable to mix in and then bring your project to a completely different facility and engineer that specializes in mastering. I think you'll find you'll get a better sounding end product by having the mastering engineer approach your project with fresh ears than trying to get it all done at a single place.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

3. LoudCDs

LoudCDs Guest

Angry....

Cricket,

You may want to visit my mastering site.

http://www.loudcds.com

I don't mix protools right now, but I do master.

-Richard

4. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

5. TrilliumSound

TrilliumSound Active Member

I second that : :roll:

6. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

It's not even the spam-factor... It's the name. Purely, the name.

7. TrilliumSound

What ?? WHAT ?? Say it louder....can't hear you ! :roll:

8. Michael Fossenkemper

Michael Fossenkemper Distinguished past mastering moderator Well-Known Member

Let's not get too nasty. it is spammy which we should keep to a zero amount especially for first posts.

If you need a mastering guy in LA, i recommend Dave Collins.

9. TrilliumSound

You're right Mike, that was not too nice. Apologize.