1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I need a power amp. Please help..

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by sushifish, Aug 8, 2005.

1. sushifish

sushifish Guest

Hello, I need some suggestions on an amp to power my JBL lsr32 studio monitors.

http://www.jblpro.com/pages/recording/lsr32.htm

I am a novice and any help would be great. Looking to get the job done without spending too much. Thank you! -matty

ps. I believe they're 300 watts ea/ @ 4 ohms but not sure

2. Massive Mastering

Massive Mastering Well-Known Member

Hafler TransNova P3000 would be a nice one for those...

3. JoeH

JoeH Well-Known Member

What's your budget?

4. sushifish

sushifish Guest

I'd like to spend under $1000. Would better quality amps give me better quality sound? Seems to be just a power source, that's why I asked. thanx -matty

5. Massive Mastering

Absolutely positively without question.

6. sushifish

sushifish Guest

Is the p3000 the best bet for my budget? I"d like to pay under $1000. Thanx for the reply. -matt

7. sushifish

sushifish Guest

btw, I'm using the lsr32's for tracking, editing, and mixing. I'm into progressive music....(punk, metal, rock, indie, etc..) Thanx!

8. Massive Mastering

Geez, I haven't bought one in so long... But I think they fall into the "under $1000" category.

If you want something even more wicked and don't mind the used market, see if you can dig up a Bryston 4B or something. Amazing amps, 20 year transferable warranty, headroom for days. "Serious" sounding amps.

HOT though... All Class "A" solid state - Hot like a pizza warmer.

9. sushifish

sushifish Guest

Thanx for the help John!