1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I need headphones that won't leak out sound

Discussion in 'Monitoring & Headphones' started by jonnystevens, Oct 15, 2008.

1. jonnystevens

jonnystevens Guest

I currently have behringer headphones that I use for monitoring. The problem is they don't trap the sound very well and leak into the mix when I'm recording. I want a good pair for strictly recording with. Something that will trap the sound and not show up on the mix. Something that would have a tight fit. Anyone have a suggestion?
  2. mwacoustic

mwacoustic Guest

Sennheiser HD280?
  3. FlyBass

FlyBass Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Central Indiana, USA
    I have a pair of Vic Firth headphones that seem to work well for tracking -- especially with drummers; they shouldn't leak. On the other hand, I've never had an issue with the 'phones leaking onto the vox track. Your vocalists must really like their headphone mix up LOUD.
  4. GeckoMusic

GeckoMusic Guest

I second the Vic Firth headphones. If you want to keep your tracks clean, this is a good option. When a click track bled into a solo vocal section I decided to find something that wouldn't bleed.
  5. Link555

Link555 Distinguished Member

Mar 31, 2007
    North Vancouver
    Never had too much bleed from my AKG 270's. They have switch on them, such that if they all not on your head, no sound comes out.
  6. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Oberlin, OH
    Home Page:
    Beyer Download Now

7. rockstardave

rockstardave Active Member

Mar 3, 2006
    brand spankin' new:

HD380Pro !!!
  8. tstoneman

tstoneman Active Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I've used HD280s and they work great. Some clients feel like their brains are being squeezed out by the clamps and they can be a little heavy on the low end too so sometimes will use Sony MDR-7506. Easier on the ears and less boom.
  9. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Distinguished Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Scotland, UK
    Clamps? Tell them to slacken the headband.
    Boomy? There's more low end in my mobile phone.
    The bass goes really deep, but it's reduced in volume.
  10. tstoneman

tstoneman Active Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Just what the clients say - 9 out of 10 will choose the AKG or Sony. I don't argue with clients