1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I need help

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Vanillaice378, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ok I am serious about this but out of my 4 speakers I currently own which do you guys think is the best sounding speakers? I want everyone to reply to this please. I want honest true infos about this. BUT don't compair them to other speakers like Axiom or other better speakers. JBL HLS410 or JBL S26 or Edirol MA-10D or JBL Control 1X

2. Heres the links to each of the speakers.

Edirol MA-10D
    http://www.edirol.net/products/en/MA-10D/index.html

JBL S26
    http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=S26&CheckProduct=Y

JBL HLS410
    http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=HLS410&CheckProduct=Y

JBL Control 1X
    http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=CONTROL1XTREME&cat=COS&ser=COS

3. Ok guys I know that there are other speakers that are better but I want to just compair the 4 I have now since I dont have any money to get new speakers. That's the reason why I am asking out of the 4 which will sound the best to you guys.

4. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

It doesn't matter what we think sounds best, it matters what sounds best to you, besides didn't you decided your edirols were the worlds greatest hundred dollar monitors?

5. I know you guys are going to say it doesnt matter what you guys think but it does matter to me ok. I really want to know what others think about my speakers and I want you guys to tell me which one do you think is the best out of the 4.

6. I want everyone to reply to this please so I can see which speakers I have are higher rated.

7. Well you guys could do is who ever has one of these speakers tell what your guys think about them and then we can compair and see which is higher rated out of the 4.

8. David French

David French Well-Known Member

The title says it all guys.

9. If you want to ask me on how I think they are. Well the S26 is the best one and second will be the JBL Control 1X and third will be the Edirol MA-10D and the worst one is the JBL HLS410.

10. BUT somereason I like my Edirol ones alot too since its my first powered studio monitor I ever got. Plus I was excited when I found out it goes from 45hz to 35kHz. I am currently using the Edirol ones since first its my newest monitors and its powered. Second it goes from 45hz to 35kHz which is very impressive for a monitor this size. I was shocked about its only -2db too. But I guess I can say the two best speakers I think are the JBL S26 and the Edirol MA-10D.

11. Now remember this is what I think but now I want to know what others think.

12. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Dude I think your bridges are already burned, you're having a conversation with yourself and within a matter of a couple of days you went from the Edirols being the best speakers money can buy to being 3rd in your list of 4. You do need help and you aren't going to get it here, you'll have to pay for the kind of help you need, or at least the state will. The biggest problem besides the fact nobody can tell you whats best is probably 99 percent of the people on here don't use any of the speakers you mentioned. If you are serious about this studio thing then one day you'll look back on these posts and ask "wtf was i talking about".

13. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Get a grip junior.

Asking a question like this will get you flamed for sure.

Its like you holding up a flag in Pittsburg and asking someone in Maine to tell you what color it is.

Make your own decisions about these things. Chances are NOBODY on this forum has ANY of those speakers.

None of them are known for their high-end quality.

14. dwoz

dwoz Guest

use 'em all.

What you're listening for, then, is what stays the same in your mix when you move it back and forth.

Whatever that is, is probably real.

The rest is vicious, dirty lies.

dwoz

15. Zoltar8814

Zoltar8814 Guest

Walters little brother??

16. jonnyc

jonnyc Member

Possible though far less talented, idk though if you go the Musiciansfriend website he's on there giving his thoughts on the edirols.

17. LOL how did you know that it was me??? Yes I did give my thoughts about my Edirol MA-10D monitors on that site. The reason why I give my thoughts about my montiors is since they are the greatest monitors that you can get for that price range. :)

18. hmmm this is strange the monitors that I give my thoughts on was gone it only showed the Edirol MA-10DBK. My monitors are the MA-10D. It use to show that on that site but its gone. :roll:

19. Ok guys I just added thoughts about the MA-10DBK since they sound exactly the same as the MA-10D that I have. It should show up on Musiciansfriend site next week or so but I dont know exactly when it will show up.

20. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

Okay, I just started taking speed for my ADD problem and this thread is freaking me out. I'm serious, I'm sweating and biting my nails while reading it...

Is this guy on cocaine?

Dude - you tell US which ones you like best.

My favorite speakers of ALL time are $250 a pair NHT Super Zeros, but many folks don't like 'em cuz their too small and their specs only show 87Hz low-frequency extension.

If you like a pair - USE them. If you don't, sell them on E-bay.

Or do what Dwoz suggests and use all of them and check mixes, etc.

BTW ---

Nebraska and Minnesota - they're pretty close the last time I checked. Do you work as a subsidiary for "The Box" studio??

J. :lol: