1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

audio I started Posting here about a year ago... And here I am...

Discussion in 'Fix This MIX!' started by MrPhaSe, Sep 13, 2012.

1. MrPhaSe

MrPhaSe Active Member

Thanks to the good people at recording.org...

I came in with a lot of questions about building a studio.. you all answered them for me.

NOW I OWN a private recording studio... vocal booth.. I have artists... the whole 9.. and I'm building my discography there..

Doublelifemusic's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Let me know what you think of the mixes, artists, and overall productions.

THANKS!diddlydoo

2. audiokid

audiokid Staff

THE WORLD IS CRAZY MASTER , I like the mix a lot. Good for you! I'm very happy for you.

3. MrPhaSe

MrPhaSe Active Member

Thanks audiokid.. My partner/engineer actually mixed that one!
    I remember you gave me a lot of advice while i was posting..
    I make the beats, and LATElY i've been engineering...

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Can you share the gear used, Mics, DAW and anything more? Are those emu sounds?

5. MrPhaSe

MrPhaSe Active Member

Sure, All the vocals were recorded with a bluebird condenser mic. Except for hells kitchen(the 2nd track), that was recorded with a rode NT1A

The vocals were ran through a digi 003 rack into pro tools and fixed up with waves plugins

A lot of the main sounds you hear on the beats are from a yamaha motif. I also use a korg es-1 sampler for the samples used. Although you can't hear most of the samples because they're IN the beat.. If you listen to Karma Sutra for example, theres a slowed down horn sample throughout the entire beat I bet you didn't notice

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Ah, Motif sound great eh. I've ordered a Korg Kronos X 88 and the Akai Renaissance. I'm going to listen for that horn now. :)

7. MrPhaSe

MrPhaSe Active Member

I've heard good things about the Kronos joint.. But even the sounds on the motif aren't squat without taking the time to tweak them