1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I went from pc to mac

Discussion in 'Recording' started by godtruth, Jun 5, 2009.

1. godtruth

godtruth Active Member

I have now a yamaha n8 and it come with software, however, i would like to use logic pro with it, would you all assist me on a step by step, or point me to a place so i can start recording. I first had a usb mixers, an you all said that will not work with what i had in mind, so i took your advice and got firewire now will you help me the rest of the way by showing me how to hook it up to record thank you

2. Guitarfreak

Guitarfreak Well-Known Member

first things first. OMFG CONGRATS MAC IS AWESOME HUH?

now that that's out of the way...which firewire interface did you end up getting? Which software package are you looking at, express or studio? What are you planning on recording with this package?

3. godtruth

godtruth Active Member

the yamaha has it on interface if im understanding your question and im using logic pro studio and im recording vocals and instruments

4. Guitarfreak

Cool, what kind and how many mics do you have currently?

5. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Simply install the drivers for the N8 and set the Yamaha as the default input device for Logic. This should be in your manual. You will likely have to consult both to get them optimized.

6. godtruth

godtruth Active Member

man!, you make it simple. So what your saying is READ THE MANUAL(smile)thanks again

7. Guitarfreak

Did we recommend that yamaha mixer to him? He said he wanted 16 simultaneous tracks, and I see only 4 XLR inputs on the unit itself.

8. hueseph

4 XLR yes. Another 4 line inputs. It is a control surface as well.

I'm not trying to be smart. It's just that reading your manual is something you will need to get used to. It's essential. You can't expect to be spoon fed information all the time. Personal study is essential in many things. Learning to use your gear not being the least of them.

Incidentally, does the n8 use MLan drivers?

9. godtruth

godtruth Active Member

Point well taken and the other ? i will have to look into that however its time to get the book and start reading

10. hueseph

It does in fact use mLan. Being a Yamaha product however, everything should be okay.