1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Ideas for GUERILLA MARKETING promotion of a hypothetical ban

Discussion in 'Studio Lounge' started by Mudchild, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Mudchild

Mudchild Guest

Just wanted to throw this in the arena...

I'm doing a music business assignment for Uni, and would like to pick some brains. We have to imagine we are a small record label promoting a hypothetical band in relation to a cd/download release, and we have to come up with 'guerilla marketing' ideas on how we would do something radical/inventive/memorable/newsworthy - ANYTHING that would get the band noticed, increase its following, get publicity, increase visibility, get people interested etc etc. The more creative the idea the better.

I've got some little puny ideas but I'm wondering if anyone could share any ideas, perhaps from your own experiences in bands? I've been racking my brains, but nothing particularly imaginitive is coming up!

I'd be grateful for any constructive thoughts.

thanks

Ash

2. chris_choall

chris_choall Guest

Why don't you try the stunt Alien Ant Farm did...
    They played on the roof of a building right outside some important Hip Hop/ RnB awards! What better publicity?!?! Press aleardy there lol. :lol:

3. Mudchild

Mudchild Guest

good thinking - that's the kind of stuff I'm after! keep it coming...

4. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

Put up LED signs all over Boston!

5. Check out Nine Inch Nails marketing campaign for "Year Zero".
    It is absolutely unreal. It'll keep you searching the internet for hours to find more bits of information. It's too complicated to explain, you'll just have to see for yourself.
    It's quite possibly one of the most ambitious campaigns I've seen in my life, but I'm still young.
    Search youtube and google.... you'll find lots.