1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

if not opus, then who?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by delmastro, Feb 11, 2004.

1. delmastro

delmastro Guest

hello everybody,
    this is my first post. after a couple of years of researching all things daw i am now ready to take the plunge and build a daw (that is, hire someone to build it for me). i was hoping to commission opus but after receiving no reply from him i am wondering who else out there has the same level of expertise to build a daw that will perform flawlessly. any recommendations? thanks.

2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Have Mark give you a hand. He's very knowledgable and experienced with this stuff. Consider him like Opus jr. (just joking) But he is the DAW/Computing Mod, right?

3. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Yeah I am the mod here. But as much for my people skills as my computer skills.

Having said that, I do know a thing or two about computers, but I hasten to add that I don't consider myself in Opus' league. But I'd be more than glad to help with any concern you may have. And there are a handful of people who frequent this DAW forum more knowledgible than myself, who will also be more than glad to lend a helping hand.

Building a computer is a breeze. And this task is well within your skillset, as long as you can turn a screwdriver. The most difficult parts, I find, are 1. picking the parts, 2. fitting the CPU on the mobo, and 3. installing Windows.

I assume you have looked through the archives of the DAW forum to see advice given to those before you? If not, you'll want to start there, as there's a wealth of info. Next, I assume you have a general idea as to which parts you want to use? For instance do you want to build a Pentium or AMD based machine?

Mitzelplik

4. Fozz

Fozz Active Member

For your reading enjoyment do a search on building a pc daw and you will find these Opus Articles:

(Dead Link Removed)
    (Dead Link Removed)
    (Dead Link Removed)
    (Dead Link Removed)

5. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Thanks Fozz! I love the community spirit here at the DAW Forum!!!

6. delmastro

delmastro Guest

thanks fellas,
    i appreciate the help