1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

If you had to...

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by jhagertybhs, Mar 11, 2006.

1. jhagertybhs

jhagertybhs Guest

If you had to have only one vocal mic in your locker, it would be a...

2. Spookym15

Spookym15 Guest

I am gonna go with the saftey standby of the Nuemann U87, but I will never buy this mic because it is too expensive and i am too clumsy

3. TeddyG

TeddyG Well-Known Member

EV RE-20.

TG

4. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

I think that if I opened up my mic locker and had only one mic in it, I'd be pretty pissed!
    RE-20. Or maybe a Lawson L47. Or maybe a Brauner Valvet. Or maybe a...

5. island_dave

island_dave Guest

I think the Rode K2 is my all around favorite mic for vocals be it singing or voiceovers. I can work the pattern to bring more or less of the room into the sound, and the tube sound can't be beat. I'm using one on a female vocalist (who had a string of hits in the 50's and really knows how to sing, no autotune or pitch correction needed on her!) this week and it just sounds great. I've only added a touch of EQ to compensate for the room (we're recording on location in a far less than ideal space).

Initially, I bought a pair for stereo mic'ing of ensembles, but once I tried them on vocals, I was hooked. I upgraded the tubes to a pair of vintage telefunken's and it made them sound even better.

dave-g

6. atlasproaudio

atlasproaudio Active Member

If I had to choose 1 of my mics for vocals it would be the Soundelux E47C. But, having to choose 1 is no fun. (y)

7. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

SM7B....no contest.

8. Terr-orForm

Terr-orForm Guest

I know this reply is several months late but, what does everyone think of the SM86??

I'm just asking because I never see any feedback on this mic and we use them a lot - for both stage and studio.

Just curious.

9. therecordingart

therecordingart Well-Known Member

10. sdemott

sdemott Guest

Shure SM7b - hands down.

11. jowillie

jowillie Guest

No doubt....Heil PR-40. Tough, sensitive and sounds fantastic. We are replacing RE20s in our broadcast facilitlies with these.

12. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Are you selling your RE20's?

13. jowillie

jowillie Guest

We maybe selling them to a Latino group buying some of our properties.
    We'll know after the first of the year.

14. djexit

djexit Guest

Either the C12 or ELAM251.....RE-20? are you kidding me?