IKMultimedia Classic Studio Reverb on Sale $49

Discussion in 'Tracking / Mixing / Editing' started by hueseph, Apr 27, 2012.

1. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

CSR is currently on sale at the IKMultimedia store. I don't know what the regular price is but right now this plugin is going for $49(Just did a search. It retailed for $229). This is the last week for the sale so you have two more days. I just found out myself and jumped at it. So far it sounds nice. You can get really long reverb tails a la Lexicon. Very customizable in "advanced" mode.

For the price it's very nice. Not trying to spam here but I've been dying for a decent reverb unit and this really filled that gap. If I find time, I'll try and post some samples.

2. hueseph

Finally! I've been looking for those long reverb tails and finally I have it. Soundcloud does no justice to how decent this reverb sounds. For $50 it was well worth it.

http://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/csr-reverb\

On the main guitar a large hall. On the chugging a large room with some early reflections. On the chord strikes, a plate. I wanted to post examples of each but I think it's pretty self explanitory.

The thing that bugs me is that even though I exported to flac which is the file format native to soundlcous AFIK, the uploader automatically converts it again. IDK.

3. djmukilteo

djmukilteo Well-Known Member

That was pretty sweet, nice sounding reverb. Pink Floyd nice test.
    I really liked the guitar sound of that CSR demo music as well, very lush..
    Have you tried it on any drums or vocals yet?

4. hueseph

Nothing yet. It's a working weekend for me so nothing complicated going on. The sale ends tomorrow afaik. Likely the sale is on because a 64 bit version is on the horizon. That's just ana ssumption but I can't imagine it's far off.

When I get a chance to put it into a real project, I'll try and post if I don't find it too embarrassing.

Incidentally, that was GR4 with an ESP: the neck pickup tapped. Hence the horrendous noise from the phaser and from the pickup in general.

5. djmukilteo

Speaking of GR4...(from my other thread) GR4 always worked really well on my friends computer.
    His entire problem he's having is with this new GR5!..I think GR4 was less bulky.

Have you ever tried the Valhalla stuff...I would be curious how that compares to the CSR plug.
    It costs $50 also but it may not be 64bit either.

6. hueseph

Haven't tried Valhala yet. Maybe I'll download the trial and do a comparison.

7. djmukilteo

That would be a cool test.
    You should use that same Pink Floyd track.

8. hueseph

I think, I'll rerecord the track but using the same part of the song. I want to ditch that noise from the pickup. I'll throw in Realverb Pro from UAD and a few free verbs as well, Ambience, Perfect Space from Cakewalk and maybe a few others. I think that'll be good for it's own thread.