1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

I'm askin fer trouble...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Kemble, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Kemble

Kemble Guest

Santa apparently went to the wrong store, asked some pimple faced zit monster pre puber :s: what he should get because he couln't find the Delta44, and came home with a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum. For over $200 no less.

Oh what shall I tell Santa about this error?

....Once again, so close to plugging in and recording...and yet so far........

2. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So close yet so far man......Guess they went to the wrong store eh? :roll:
    Merry X-mas
    Opus

3. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

The audigy is not bad to have in a second box for evaluation purposes but it is not a pro quality recording card. It does work good for pugging in spdif and making backups to HD on a second puter. It is quiet, 24 bit, not shabby for backup purposes.

4. Kemble

Kemble Guest

OY!
    Best Buy pre puber strikes again!

Santa in law went to Best Buy to check if they had a video card (AGP...Dual prefered....32MB...Matrox preferred....etc...)

"Why, you don't want to get him that!!!" surely came the reply.
    "You're lucky I'm here! I just saved a lady from buying her son a M-Audio sound card! Now he's getting the Audigy, which I really like!"

So Santa in law got me a gamer PCI slot card.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

BUT: My AWESOME WIFE requested a cuddle session after (no, really, just cuddling) we opened gifts, and HOLY MOLEY! A new acoustic guitar!! SOLID top! No plys! Could this be real? Ivory and other fine inlays?!!! Could it be?

It is. SHE IS AWESOME!

...now...where can I do some recording at!?

(hooking up the Audigy for now and jammin until tomorrow!)

Merry Christmas everone! :D

5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

That's why they invented the Gift Certificate!! lol
    Never have someone who doesn't know what to get for you, or get the right component, get it for you!
    Oh yeah..you definately want a PCI video card!! lmao! What a dweeb! man..work for Best Buy and you tihnk you know it all huh?! lmao!
    Well, glad you got something good out of it! The only thing I go to Best Buy for is Electronics other than computer stuff! Printers, Digital Camera's, Printer Paper..etc etc etc....
    Have fun with that "audigy" :D
    Opus