1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

i'm lookin to get an abient roomy bass gtr sound

Discussion in 'Bass' started by bobbo, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bobbo

bobbo Active Member

Dec 11, 2004
    i've got some condensers and dynamics, i'm generally a mic the cab up close kinda guy, but i want a amb sound for this session i'm workin on, and i don't want to use fake reverb.

its for a fast punk style sound, i'll prob still close mic it though, but i want to be able to choose what i want, when i mix it.

maybe some stereo condensers in the room? don't know, what're you guys doing.
  2. Link555

Link555 Distinguished Member

Mar 31, 2007
    North Vancouver
    How does your room sound?

I have used a U87 about 10-15 feet from the amp.
  3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Fake reverb doesn't sound like fake reverb when used correctly. Utilizing an extremely short decay & no pre-delay is really all that's necessary to create a nice stereo ambience. Booming bass is dependent upon the rooms resonance & reflections. So you have a huge studio to do that in ? no ? Then your ambient room mics will sound like a lousy bedroom. My favorite sound. Use the software reverb.

In November I'm going to vote with Al Gore's rhythm
    Ms. Remy Ann David
  4. Space

Space Distinguished Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Have you considered an ambient roomy?
  5. bent

bent No Bad Vibes! Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Cocoa, FL
    Do it Wobble style: Aim the amp at a wall (or a large baffle), mic it and the room.
  6. JohnSpence

JohnSpence Guest