1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

In and Out Fuzziness Sound on Bass Input

Discussion in 'Bass' started by rbf738, Nov 15, 2009.

1. rbf738

rbf738 Active Member

Very occasionally I'm picking up a fuzziness on the bass input. I don't chance a thing and it appears, then after a minute or so may go away just as inexplicably without me changing anything or even moving. It definitely shows up on the track if I record that way, so I was wondering can anyone identify this random fuzzy static like sound which goes in and out on my bass when plugged in and on that track?

I am using a Firepod + Ableton Live setup.

2. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Do you have wireless, anti-virus disabled? Could there be some program running in the background that is utilizing processing power? Are you certain that your gain is not too high perhaps when you use slightly more attack you are clipping? Cords good? Rf interference? AC power, something like a freezer compressor kicking on might cause this.

3. rbf738

rbf738 Active Member

Ah wow, lots of possibilities it sounds like, I'll have to experiment here.

4. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

Exactly, sorta like saying my car makes a grinding noise every now and then, what could it be? Try to narrow it down.

5. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

Active bass? Change the battery.