1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

In Need Of Help- Removing cracking/popping Sounds.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Johnny_musiCman, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Johnny_musiCman

Johnny_musiCman Active Member

Hello There!

I have my tracks already recorded and am doing the touch ups.
    I'm working in Logic Pro 8.

There are around 5 small glitchy cracks that occur throughout the song. Im sure its common enough. Could you please tell me how in this program I can remove them. Perhaps there are multiple different ways.

If it matters, the sounds occur on the bass vocal and guitar.

I would link the audio file but am not sure how.

Thanks!
    John

2. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Use Soundtrack Pro (part of the logic suite) to clean up the audio, it has a good selection of tolls for cleaning up audio.

3. Johnny_musiCman

Johnny_musiCman Active Member

Oh k thanks! I have soundtrack pro as well. Could you be more specific as to what tools to use in the program itself, as i only used it once way backk.

Much appreciated :)

4. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Check the manual for specifics, but the editor can detect pops, clicks and noise, then attempt to fix the audio.

Best to make a small selection vs trying to fix a whole track. It's time and processor intensive to do a whole track detection.

5. jkchuma

jkchuma Active Member

I like using Izotope RX2. Download the demo and try the declicker or if all else fails check out the Spectral Repair. Great software, especially for the money, IMO.

6. Voiceofallanger

Voiceofallanger Active Member

Also. Don't eat rice crispies whilst recording :)

7. Big K

Big K Well-Known Member

If you ever come across a real problem, have a look at Algorithmix ReNovator.
    Not cheap, but the best I know. For example, I have extracted the snare drum out of a stereo track from cd without any
    audible degradation of the remaining music. Or deleted a passing-by nastily audible moped from a choir recording in a church...
    Algorithmix - Advanced DSP Technologies- High-End Digital Audio Algorithms, Software and Hardware for Recording, Post-Production, Mastering, Restoration and Forensic.

8. mdb

mdb Active Member

Haha. Nice. I guess that goes for Pop Rocks too.