1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

In search of soundcard for vocals, guitar, bass and even midi

Discussion in 'Recording' started by LittleLostRobot, Dec 6, 2011.

1. LittleLostRobot

LittleLostRobot Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Hi! I roamed around the forum a bit, and I think it would be ok to ask for a help. So if there's a cooked answer already, just point me direction. But anyway.
    I need to by a soundcard and mic, to record bass/guitar/vocals and use a midi keyboard (good old synthesizer in my case). Soooo, I thought about ESI Maya 44e - it's PCI-E, as I know they have no signal delay, but I'm definitely not sure with that, because the digital things inside the computer are quite friendly, but I never had affairs with soundcards, they're like invaders from Mars to me.
    I'm playing all instruments myself now, so there's no need to record them all simultaneously. I have a guitar amp, but I'll use digital programs to emulate the amps if I buy a good card.

As for microphone I think the SM58 is a good choice for a singer.

My PC
    Intel Core I7 - 920 2X2.67 GHZ
    3 GB of RAM

My budget is 500$.

P.S. I'm not trying to build professional recording studio at home, but I want to achieve the best possible sound using a simple gear. Maybe other stuff is important to buy, so I'll be glad to hear an advice.

Thank you for attention!