1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Indaba Music Launches First Web-Based DAW

Discussion in 'Recording' started by audiokid, Jul 14, 2009.

1. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Interesting, what do you all think? Is it time to sell your Pro Tools HD? :shock:

Excerpt:
    http://emusician.com/news/indaba_launches_DAW/

http://blip.tv/file/2336394

(y)

2. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

Looks like a fun toy, but I can't imagine paying anything to use it, and the basic (free) account is so stripped of functionality that there would be no point. Wonder how they deal with latency during overdubbing? Wonder where the A/D/A conversion happens - in my machine through Java, or is Java just the front end to stream data to their servers to process it there? So many questions I'm never going to bother to find out the answers to :)

3. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

If it makes anyone feel better. I tried this site out and can't get the console to load. It's a java script application. Smart because it's cross platform but I doubt it will ever replace your DAW.

4. Codemonkey

Codemonkey Well-Known Member

"Wonder where the A/D/A conversion happens - in my machine through Java, or is Java just the front end to stream data to their servers to process it there?"

ADA conversion happens where it always has.
    ON YOUR INTERFACE!

5. apstrong

apstrong Active Member

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

hmmm

Walmart Pro Audio is coming :shock:

7. Space

Space Well-Known Member

And I am ready!

I can get out of this splintered up construction industry and setup cookie cutter room acoustics.

Like a sideshow freak claiming to be able to make it rain, I will claim to cure all of the acoustic headaches of ANY room.

Acoustic Aspirin, Inc.

Coming to a Wal-Mart kiosk near you.