1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Indaba Remix

Discussion in 'Composing / Producing / Arranging' started by havana, Sep 11, 2012.

1. havana

havana Active Member

Hi, just uploaded a remix for YoungBlood song "We come running" It's more of a dance style music which I hardly ever do. Please "like" on Indaba if you like. 1st prize is $1000....enough for a new mic. lol!!!thumb

Will post here soon. Username on Indaba is "KMT"

2. havana

havana Active Member

Lost In The Echo by KMT10n3 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

We Come Running by KMT10n3 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

3. audiokid

audiokid Staff

We Come Running, love it! What a great mix. But I feel you lost it from 3.41 on. I know you can do better. I was expecting an epic ending and the Chorus to be bigger than life. Instead it fell apart. Hope that helps.

4. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I see why. Your mix make me more happy than the original. thumb Do you have to keep the ending like theirs or can you switch it up?

5. havana

havana Active Member

Thank you for that comment audiokid. I wasn't too sure myself. I think I have about 5 days left to re-think my strategy.

I guess i was trying not to stray too far from the original. At the end of the day it's the songwriter's that pick the winner.facepalm

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

I think the last section of their song is where they lost focus or the magic of this song. If you can nail it, you will turn some heads. If I was you, make that ending big right to the last second.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone