Inexpensive hardware reverb needed

Discussion in 'Mixing & Editing' started by aaronlyon, May 25, 2005.

1. aaronlyon

aaronlyon Guest

I need a cheap (<$200) hardware reverb for live acoustic guitar and voice. I just bought an Alesis Nanoverb for $50. Turned out to be WAY too cheap. Sounds not much better than the Radio Shack reverb I had in 1983.

How about the cheap Lexicon models? Sound OK? I'm not too demanding; I just need a decent Hall or Plate that doesn't sound like a tin can, man.

2. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

I have the lexicon LXP-1 , got for 125.oo ish

they have a MRC controller for it, if you can find one,,,

I saw this unit listed in the lead players rack from the group YES , so must be ok enuff,

hope my 2 cents helps

3. Steinholtz

Steinholtz Guest

I also have an LXP-1. I think its pretty good but you should be able to get a Sony DPS-V55m for that price (or one of the other Sony units. Can't remember their names). I think they sound alot better than the LXP.
  4. i think the TC electronics verbs are quite a bit better than the Lexicon ones, esp. for the price. The Alesis MidiVerb 4 is a decent one in that price range too.
  5. overlookfran

overlookfran Guest

jeff buckley used a Midi Verb. I used a Midi Verb. I also use the Lexicon, and my friend swears by his TC. cant go wrong with any of these units.
  6. frob

frob Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2004
    i didnt know buckley used a midiverb? what album? i have and use the t.c. electronics verb units you can get them stereo with spidif in/out with midi controls four around 200 at GC it fits in a nice 1 UR rack.
  7. axel

axel Guest

el cheapo, lexi or TC can't get wrong with those...