1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Input fades in

Discussion in 'Recording' started by aap, Jun 4, 2007.

1. aap

aap Guest

Hello...

I have a guitar that I want to record by the Line-in input. Now my problem is, that when I want to record some riffs, the input always fades in.

Here is an example...

untitledwh8.jpg

I have the same problem with the standard microphone input...

My audiocard is a... C-Media AC97 Audio Device ?

So my question is... Why does it fade in? And how to fix it?

2. Kent L T

Kent L T Active Member

What software are you using to record with?

3. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

That there be Cubase...

I have no idea why it would be fading in like that. Try recording in something else like windows sound recorder or something simple like that. That will let you know if it's a software thing or possibly something with the soundcard.

4. aap

aap Guest

It happens in windows recorder also... So it must be my soundcard then?

I see its not a problem that occurs often for people. So you guys dont know if there is something to fix it ?

PS. Im using ASIO4ALL driver...

5. Kent L T

Kent L T Active Member

You need an audio card designed for what you are doing. The built in sound cards are marginal at best for even regular computer use. There are some inexpensive 2 channel cards you could find that would work.

6. aap

aap Guest

Could you give me some expamples to put me on the way?
    Im not that familiar with audio cards.
    I need a cheap one, but does do its job.

7. pr0gr4m

pr0gr4m Well-Known Member

A simple Emu 0404 should work for you. It's a step in the recording direction.

Alternatively, If you're just hobbying around, you could pick up a soundblaster card which should work a lot better than the one you have.

8. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Okay. I'm not going to even question or mention the fact that you are using high end software with a crap card....too late. First of all don't use crack. Go and download Kristal Audio Engine. That should work well enough for a beginner.

If you have Audio Monkey or whatever that "monkey" player is, it has this "feature" that fades in and out your audio. Uninstall it. It's full of spyware anyway.

9. jasondirckze

jasondirckze Guest

Why dont you just "warm up" for a couple bars, then get into the song?

10. aap

aap Guest

I do that a lot, but sometimes, pieces of a song have rests, with guitars that ring out... if you want to play again, it fades in again :S Its too much work to fix that every bar...