1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Is anyone else out there really busy?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by sdevino, Dec 28, 2002.

1. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

Mar 31, 2002
    I have just come up for air after recording over 40 songs in the past 3 months plus 2 long form projects.

Are things picking up? Or is this just a bubble?
  2. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Jun 29, 2001
    I did a 50 mastering job from Aug-Oct. I have been busy, but more in teaching and tutoring , not cash flow.

I have been doing hi fidelity equipment reviewing the last 2 months and listening about 70 hrs per week, doing archiving and running the Audio Streaming site helping others achieve their goals.

It is fun over there and a ton of killer stuff is coming our way to check out and see what you think.

(Dead Link Removed)

I had an oppurtunity that was monkeywrenched by someone else before I could get it going. One of those cases of starting a new relationship and it not getting started the way it was supposed to.

I am doing an album now to be finished around Jan 15th.

See: Here

Or Here if your browser sucks

For further details.
  3. e-cue

e-cue Active Member

Oct 5, 2000
    Brace yourself. I don't think this year will be one of my best, at least income-wise.
  4. sdevino

sdevino Active Member

Mar 31, 2002
    i don't know, I am already booking April. I am a one man operation so the scales are different for me. But so far so good.

5. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Jun 29, 2001
    ...Steve, if you overbook in mastering, send them my way, you do get a healthy precentage for commission....and My rates just droped 50%. What does that tell you?

The 15th project will be done around the 30th. Band is adding songs!!!
  6. themidiroom

themidiroom Active Member

Apr 20, 2002
    St Louis
    Hey guys, I literally had to climb out from under a pile of building materials to write this. I'm expanding my project studio; adding an isolation room for voice and small instrument setups. It should be really nice. It's on a floating slab, double stud walls with two layers of strand board and drywall. I'm also attempting to reverse-engineer some RPG diffusors. I have some formulas, but they are really intended for designing the large fractal units. If anyone has dimensions or formulas for the smaller QRD diffusors, I would be forever greatful.

7. GravityJim

GravityJim Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    FWA, IN
    Home Page:
    We got real busy this month, and it looks good for the next couple, so far. We do commercial music and video postscoring, so it's not like recording bands or what have you. We're dependent on the advertising and MarComm business, and people have been a little weird these past few months... I hope the current work load means it's coming back as strong as it was first two quarters of 2003 (and all of 2002, for that matter).
  8. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Mexico City
    Home Page:
    I'm busy too, music for TV ads....
  9. Linwood

Linwood Guest

I'm swamped! I'm a jingle guy. I have around 35 of them on my desk right now that need to be written/produced. But hey, work's a blessing, right?
  10. glitchless

glitchless Active Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Home Page:
    Yup, I was booked up till this coming July as of last Nov. This is amazing for me, as I ws thinking of throwing in the towel after virtually no work last year. 911 killed business for me since my clients all cross the border from Canada to the U.S. to get to me. The up side for them is no GST (Canadian goods and service tax). :c:
  11. Don Grossinger

Don Grossinger Distinguished past mastering moderator Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    just north of NYC
    Home Page:
    I have been pretty busy as well, mostly in cutting DMM parts for vinyl pressings. CD mastering business not as much: indi labels doing their own.
  12. JeffreyMajeau

JeffreyMajeau Active Member

Sep 5, 2000

I hope it's a long-term trend, for both of our's sake! Things have been picking up on the video side of things since January. That's a mixed blessing for a dyed in the wool audio guy, I must say.

13. Jason Meier

Jason Meier Guest

Yeah, It seems like a lot of work is leaving Los Angeles. We're pretty much dead in the water.
  14. Jim Chapdelaine

Jim Chapdelaine Active Member

Jan 27, 2002
    CT, USA
    busier than ever.
    Sessions (including Chuck Leavell), composing for PBS, producing (got a top 10 in Billboard's Blues)
    mixing and trying to nap. Anyone seen my family?