1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Is Killer Home Recording package any good?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by menych, Aug 15, 2011.

1. menych

menych Active Member

Hi there,
    I've been going around this package (Killer Home Recording) for quite some time now. It looks promising, but I don't know if it's worth the money.
    Has anyone really tried it?
    If yes - please let me know what you think about it.
    I would really like to take my recording and mixing to the new level (from a very basic level), and I wonder if investing $120 in KHR is a smart idea.
    Thanks.

2. BobRogers

BobRogers Well-Known Member

I have not looked at the package. I've looked at Drury's free stuff a bit. The content was OK, but nothing special. The style turned me off enough that I never really went any further. And a tip to anyone considering a self publishing effort - there are lots of out-of-work English majors out there. If you can't spell or use correct grammar, you can probably hire one for the price of a case of Ramen noodles.

3. lambchop

lambchop Active Member

Yeah, Drury's videos and writings do come off as a bit quirky, but I just chalk it up to him being a somewhat of a character. I looked at the chapter that he provides for free. My impression was that it would be helpful for someone breaking into recording.

4. menych

menych Active Member

thanks for the responses