1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Is this a good DAW config?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Chad-Chicago, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Chad-Chicago

Chad-Chicago Guest

I am ready to make the leap from my laptop/us122 to a REAL daw system. I am using Sonar3. I came across this system: http://www.musicalcomputers.com/pd_vivace_p4.cfm

Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 3.2Ghz, on ASUS P4C800DEL motherboard
    1GB PC3200 DDR Memory by Corsair
    2x 120GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA drive
    Lite-On 8x DVD-RW drive
    ATI Radeon 9200 dual-head video card
    Black aluminum rackmount case w/400 watt power supply keyboard, mouse, and floppy drive
    Windows XP Home installed
    3 year parts, 1 year labor warranty on PC system components

This system is $1549

I will also add the Aardvark q10.

How do you pro's rate this system??

2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Woodbridge, Va
    Home Page:
    The only thing I see that you can do better with, would be doing away with the XP home version and going with XP professional. You'll have more control and your options would be virtually unlimited.
  3. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    That Radeon Dual Head is a descent card, but it will only do Dual Head on a VGA and S-Video (not 2 VGA's). Look into a 9800 or even some of the Matrox stuff for true Dual VGA outs.

Otherwise. looks pretty good to me :)
  4. BladeSG

BladeSG Guest

System looks good. If the ATI Radeon 9200 AGP card has VGA + DVI outputs then you can put a DVI to VGA adaptor on it to use it as a dual head graphics card.
  5. Randyman...

Randyman... Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I know my ATI Radeon 9200 only has a single VGA and a single S-Video, that is all! You can do an extended desktop across the VGA and S-Video, but the S-Video looks like crap-o-la! If I would have known this (If I did my research first like I should have), I would have upped to a 9600 or a 9800.

Maybe there is a model of 9200 that has a VGA and a DVI, but mine surely does not... :cool:
  6. Chad-Chicago

Chad-Chicago Guest

The card includes one VGA output and one DVI output.

I think I'm gonna go for it. Ill post my review here.

Thanx guys.