1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'Vocals' started by xX5thQuarterXx, Oct 24, 2006.

1. xX5thQuarterXx

xX5thQuarterXx Active Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Good deal or not?

2. schizojames

schizojames Active Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Home Page:
    Through a Grace pre these sounded very good IMO. My $.02. Get two, their cheap. In fact, send me one. :twisted:
  3. xX5thQuarterXx

xX5thQuarterXx Active Member

Apr 6, 2006
    So for vocals would that be a better choice then lets say a shure sm58? Because it says its normally about a $400 mic.
  4. zemlin

zemlin Distinguished Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    Home Page:
    Nobody sells those things for over $100

You can record perfectly decent vocals with an SM58 - and you can use them on stage as well as in the studio. In time you'll want to move to better mics, but since you're just getting started, I'd keep it simple. I'd be more concerned about good drum mics and overheads than vox mics for a rock band recording.
  5. mattyc

mattyc Guest

that being said the mxls are good (for cheap) overheads
  6. AlTheBear

AlTheBear Guest

You can buy this mic as a package with a mogami xlr cable which goes for 45 bucks alone at Guitar Center. I was in there the other day checking one out. This mic will sound just fine for good articulate voices, but can't compare to anything above that price range.
  7. I have a pair that I use as drum overheads and I have no complaints. I compared them to my AKG 414 on vocals and I would be hard put to say one sounds better than the other. I like the AKG 414 more but for the price, the Marshalls are a great buy as are some other low priced mics on the market.