1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

It's free again?

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by spunkywinkerbean, May 16, 2002.

1. Hey?!? I'm here and I didn't pay!!! I feel so sneaky.

Now what new gear should I get?

No inspiring adjectives today?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

You need er...

The new Little Labs phase box

Er....

An Apogee PSX100 SE so you can monitor & switch between 3 different Digital sources at once...

Uh..

Thats all!

:D

3. no no .... hardly all at all,

you also need to get me a new lawn mower. mine broke down last weekend ... the lawn is pushing and a new one is hell expensive .... and my wife said she will divorce me if I buy another piece of studio gear before I buy a new lawn mower ....

that's all

4. teddancin

teddancin Member

Wife!? What do you need one of those for? Just go ahead and buy more studio equipment... she'll understand... TRUST ME (Mwu HAHAHAHA) :D !

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

6. knightfly

knightfly Active Member

Let's see, no wife telling you to mow the lawn AND more money for toys, or having new lawnmower therefore no CHOICE but to mow lawn, and LESS money for toys as well as less TIME for toys due to mowing lawn - Damn, tough call... :=)

7. :( :(

a new lawn mower it is ... :( :(

I know I know .... :( :(

8. anonymous

anonymous Guests

never mind Chris, you can come back and tell us about the NEXT purchase!

:)

9. knightfly

knightfly Active Member

So, gotta get the most out of a bad situation - Honda makes one that'll cut pretty good even in wet weather, but Kubota has these "Zero Turning Radius" models, I think 48" and 60", that'll take care of an acre in about 10 minutes, then there's this 10 foot wide model that mounts to a 60 HP tractor with a 3-point hitch and PTO, the advantage here being that a tractor that size can be had with a fully enclosed cab and a STEREO...

10. SonOfSmawg

SonOfSmawg Well-Known Member

This coming Saturday morning, get up early, and go out to the yard sales. You're bound to find someone selling a mower for about $50. Take it home, mow the lawn, then take your saved cash and go out and buy studio gear!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Dare we raise the analog vs. digital lawnmower debate?

12. knightfly

knightfly Active Member

And, if digital, what about sampling rate and dither types? Cutting heights are usually 4 or 5 bit digital, but bad enough terrain jitter can cause smearing...

13. Mike Simmons

Mike Simmons Active Member

... and you have to be inspired by this tagline!

14. knightfly

knightfly Active Member

Cute, CG - 'way to "monkey around" with words, always gets my crank turnin' - And, BTW, with the amount of Whackin' I hafta do all the time, I'm the one lusting after that 10 foot wide beast I mentioned, I just wonder if it's available in a Turbo model... Steve

15. OTRjkl

OTRjkl Guest

Guess from reading the preceeding replies, You got what you paid for!!!! :p :roll:

BTW - if you get that 10' wide lawn hog, you might have some extra time to play with gear, but no cash to buy any 'cause the beast will probably suck it all up in gas! Plus, you'll probably have to gut your studio to make room to store the thing since your wife won't let you keep it in the garage or on the back porch.

I'm thinking the analog model would ride smoother.....

16. ...well I just scored a Brauner VM1 but I'm not going to mow the lawn with it!!! :D :D

17. anonymous

anonymous Guests

18. mysterytrain

mysterytrain Guest

get a mower with a 2 speed rotation then you can use it to power a leslie. I also would forget the idea about using your thumb on the blade for flanging.

19. Keith Dayer

Keith Dayer Guest

Gosh, I thought I was the only one with a broken lawn mower! Actually, I am the proud owner of three. I went to a yard sale last year and got a non-working Lawn Boy for ten bucks, no, it was five! Still out being fixed, though. I'd fix the other Lawn Boy or the 18 horse rider if I had the time, but I'm so busy dodging flying microphones that my wife threw...
    :eek: Think I'll go outside now and record the buzz of mosquitos breeding in the tall grass that used to be my lawn.