1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Joe Meek

Discussion in 'Recording' started by checkmate, May 2, 2005.

1. checkmate

checkmate Active Member

Jan 13, 2005
    1 more thing, just looked up pre amps on samash and saw Joe Meek Twin Q 799.99$ It looks and reads to be a nice peice "The Joemeek twinQ is like having two channels of a professional recording studio in one box." so they say....Anybody used it?
  2. shanabit

shanabit Active Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I would like to know as well. Could someone chime in on the JoeMeek stuff. I know it was bought by PMI audio and they have redone their whole product line in the last two years. It seems as though the entire planet is QUITE in regards to the sound of these units and the quality.
  3. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    The Meek stuf was good and decent stuff for the money. The new stuff has been improved and is likely better. Having read some of the improvments that were done, I would trust that it is still a good and decent gear at a fair price.
  4. riffster

riffster Guest

I'm strongly considering picking up a TwinQ also, the built-in digital output is somehting that I think they really have over the Eureka. How do these two compare, I don't know, might not matter in this range. The by-passable mic preamp section just to use the compressor / eq / digital out is an excellent thing.

Here's a recent review http://www.joemeek.com/images/oneq/oneQ_Resolution.JPG
    on a goofy .jpg format
  5. jonnyc

jonnyc Guest

I own the 3q which I believe is pretty much a single channel version of the twinq without the bells and whistles and digital outs. I love the 3q, works really really well on kick drum and as my pre for dirty guitars. I honestly bought it thinking it would suck and I've been pleasantly surprised.
  6. Reggie

Reggie Distinguished Member

Dec 20, 2004

Always a good reason to buy something. :lol:

The twinQ has the option of having transformers (iron) in the path, so I'm thinking the design of the pre may also be a bit different and better.