1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

JoeMeek stuff

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by trock, Jan 6, 2005.

1. trock

trock Active Member

New topic right away tonight

1) in terms of quality of osound and durability how do these rate compared to say the avalon's i have??

2) if i got an all in one say the twinQ would i get a totally different sound than using the M5 into the 747 for say a vocal or acoustic guitar using my AT4050 mic??

they look pretty nice and i have read some good things about them, i am just digging to see if i can add another flavor to my sound?

thanks

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Search the archives. Others and myself have made comments on the Meek stuff many times.

3. britune

britune Guest

I had a Joe Meek Preamp, EQ, Compressor/Channel that cost about $500. I wasn't crazy about their legendary compressor. It had a slow attack and I couldn't use the compressor for much. The preamp sounded great! It wasn't transparent, it had it's own sound. But it was a great sound. I never used the EQ much, but it was a good EQ. Overall, I wasn't crazy about the performance for the money and sold it after about a year.