1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

JoeMeek VC1

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Thornbyrd, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Thornbyrd

Thornbyrd Guest

Can anyone tell me their likes and dislikes about this unit concerning its use on hard rock vocal recording.
  2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    They are bright green. The look like sh*t in a rack. I don't like them. Not because they are green and look like sh*t but because they are cheap sounding to me.

Other people like them a lot. I say listen for yourself as you may be one of them that decides you like them.
  3. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

are you talking bout the VC1Q ??ITS not bad my buddy in vegas can't get over the vocal i did with the SP T-3 and the VC1Q-
  4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Distinguished Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Silicon Valley
    I own the VC1Qcs that I obtained brand new from a client that owed me money. I didn't have high expectations. I only wanted it for the Joe Meek flavor compressor. It surpassed my expectations and it has proven to be a good useable tool. The mic pre gets little to no use, but it is decent. I like the compressor and it works on many sources. The eq and even the exciter get used to tone shape - mostly with short, splashy and percussive sources. It is the about the only budget piece of gear I own and I'm now glad I have it but would not have likely bought it on my own.
  5. Thornbyrd

Thornbyrd Guest

I'm talking about the VC1. There is one up for auction in eBay. I've used the VC6Q British channel and got good results. Are there any differences in the pres and comp between the two?
  6. mikE@THECAVE

mikE@THECAVE Guest

just took a look at that unit(earlier model)--its the same unit we speak of without the EQ-i dont think there is much else different as far as the preamp