1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Fer, May 27, 2004.

1. Fer

Fer Guest

I´m really intent on buying the ESI JULI@ soundcard. Evrything I´ve seen or heard about it makes it the best option for an amazingly cheap price.

any comments?

2. Fer

Fer Guest

would you recommend plugging a synth through its two outputs (L & R) to the only stereo input port of this card (two mono inputs as far as I know), or is there any other way?

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    That is how it's done...
  4. Fer

Fer Guest

now that we´re at it, Cedar, if the card has two OUTPUTS, how could I monitor recording with headphones? should I use an RCA cable to "mix" them into one only output where I would plug the headphones?

thanks for the time...

5. Tonato17

Tonato17 Active Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Bs. As.
    Home Page:
    Hi..did u buy the juli@? i am interested in a sound card and i liked the juli@ too, but i do not have any comment about it...Did u find out some review or some recomendation?
    c ya..
  6. BladeSG

BladeSG Guest

Any need for this type of arrogance?
  7. Fer

Fer Guest

hi tonato, yes, I´ve just bought it, and the sound quality seems to be outstanding. however, I´m having some problems connecting a korg x5d synth to it, since the signal is very weak in the input, but I think it could be an amplifying problem. the people who sold it to me said I should get a mixer with preamp so as to raise the signal.

any ideas?
  8. Ellegaard

Ellegaard Active Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Central Copenhagen
    If you don't use any monitors, then all you need is an adapter that converts the two mono jack outputs to a single stereo female stereo output.
  9. Fer

Fer Guest

thanks ellegaard