1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Just bought some new mics..

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by stickers, Dec 24, 2005.

1. stickers

stickers Active Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Lowell MA
    Home Page:
    Rode K2
    Rode Match Pair NT5s
    Beyerdynamic m160
    Sennheiser MD421

can't wait till i get them!!
  2. CombatWombat

CombatWombat Active Member

Dec 17, 2004
    Portland, Or
    That's a lot of money! :shock:

....to me.

Enjoy them!
  3. Pre Amp

Pre Amp Guest

A Sennheiser MD421?
    I want one :roll:
  4. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Seriously, don't ever blow into the M160. A great way to destroy a ribbon! That's a great ribbon microphone! Sounds incredible on saxophone, trumpet, female vocals, choirs, bright guitars. Don't use it on bass drums and again, never let Any clod ever blow into it. If you want to let a singer hand hold it, put a nice big foam POP filter onto it!

A great and versatile selection you have chosen!

Remy Ann David
    microphone bonker
  5. IIRs

IIRs Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2005
    :shock: I hope you don't use an M160 for that! :-?

I don't know the K2 but my NT5s are great, as is my M160.. and a 421 is useful in lots of places :wink:
  6. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Moderator

Feb 23, 2005
    Remy is a mic bonker, but then tells you not to blow.....?!?!?
    Love my M160, wanna get a 130 to go with it. 421 is nice, too.
  7. Brock

Brock Guest

I just bought the NT-5s and I"d never part with these little mikes. Fantastic on acoustic guitar. I also just bought the NT-1A which is a great vocal mike, love this thing. So congrads on the purchase.
  8. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

Sep 26, 2005
    Well ladies....Yes I am bonkers for microphones. I don't bonk on microphones! Geez..... I cannot imagine what you girls would do with them??? I think you all have discussing minds? I have 2 old Electro-Voice 636 Slimair omnis, I think would get you really excited? I'm very touched by your comments. (DON'T TOUCH ME THERE!) Now you ladies be gentlemen.

I think the M160/130 makes one of the best MS pair for recording choirs and symphonic organizations. I think what helps makes this very unique, is that the M160 is a hyper cardioid microphone. This combination makes for a very solid mono Center in complete mono compatibility without adverse sounding phase cancellation.

VoilĂ !
    Remy Ann David
    c'est la vie!
  9. maintiger

maintiger Distinguished Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Whittier, California, USA
    Home Page:
    K2 is great for male vocals with on either cardioid or set at 11 am- have had good results with female vox on either omni ot around 9 am- if you get 2 they make great stereo percussion mics- good on guitar cabs- not so great on acoustic guitar- the nt5's should be better for that.