1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

JV-1080 Questions

Discussion in 'Recording' started by BarilkoLives, Jun 17, 2003.

1. BarilkoLives

BarilkoLives Guest

Hey Guys,

I'm considering purchasing a used JV-1080 from Long & McQuade here in Canada for $700 CAD and there are a couple of questions I would like some sort of answer to before I commit to this fine machine ;) :

1. Is there anything like "firmware" (anyone familiar with Digitech stuff will know what I mean) or internal software that should be up to date? If so, what was the last version number and is there still a way to update if the unit in question is "behind the times?"

2. Should this unit I'm scoping not come with a manual, is there an online source for the ACTUAL manual that was originally distributed with the machine? Does Roland still provide manuals for discontinued gear on a request basis?

3. Is there anything else I should be aware of in terms of technical issues that are related to age and wear?

I really appreciate any help you can give me... :c:
  2. Mario-C.

Mario-C. Active Member

Nov 17, 2002
    Mexico City
    Home Page:
    I have a 1080, if I were you I'd get something else, maybe a motif rack if you are looking for a rompler
  3. Nate Tschetter

Nate Tschetter Active Member

Feb 28, 2001

I'm with Mario, its an older machine...I remember using one in, sheesh, '97 or so?

Lots of other ROMplers out there, unless there's something about the 1080 that really floats your boat, I'd look at something else. New Motif racks aren't that expensive.