1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Keeping cords and cables organized

Discussion in 'Accessories / Connections' started by satellite, Aug 2, 2006.

1. satellite

satellite Guest

Hi,

Here's a silly question for the Felix Ungers out there.

I've always had a problem with clutter, and my cables, AC adapters, etc., are always getting tangled up into knots, so I'm beginning to reconsider the twist tie method. I'm wondering what others do to stay organized -- I'll put everything into separate ziplock bags if I have to.

Any thoughts?

2. mwkh_hope

mwkh_hope Guest

Maybe you can go for cable clip... Zip bags lock is not a neccasity.. for my opinion..

3. satellite

satellite Guest

Hmmm, I don't even know what cable clips are but I'll sure look for them. Thanks!

4. mwkh_hope

mwkh_hope Guest

I'll try to find some pic for u....

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Well-Known Member

Wrapping cables together may induce eletro magnetic interference.

So be aware to group them by catagory, keeping power cords away from audio and digital signals.

8)

6. TheArchitect

TheArchitect Active Member

I use plastic totes, 1 for each type of cable, Mic, instrument, midi, etc. I coil every cable and use velcro wraps to secure them and then toss them into appropriate tote.,

7. satellite

satellite Guest

The totes are a good idea. Actually I bought a dresser specifically for studio supplies, but I'll see if I can find some storage compartments that will fit in the drawers so I can further separate things.

8. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Target

9. satellite

satellite Guest

Yup, that's where I went. Found some plastic trays that fit perfectly.

10. MadTiger3000

MadTiger3000 Active Member

Yeah, I am 99% anti-Wal-Mart.

Tar-zhee all the way.