1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Keyboard Midi Controller.......so many choices...

Discussion in 'Recording' started by ShutDownProductions, May 17, 2005.

1. I have been lookin around for a midi keyboard controller that I will be using with Reason 3.0. Only needs to be 25-30 keys, I am in no way a skilled keyboard player. I just need somethin to bang out bass lines, melodies and beats. Definately has to be velocity sensitive and it would nice to have plenty of assignable knobs and faders. I have read a lot of forums and this seems to be a repeat forum topic but all I have gotten is mixed answers. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction for what I am using it for. I never owned a good keyboard so my frame of reference for quality key response is non existent. I got about $200 to spend so that does limit my selection, let me know what you think or what you use for similar situations.

Thanks,
    C Dog

2. I picked up a used Edirol PCR-30 a few weeks ago. Got it for $50 from a friend that's moving out of the state, but I think they are around $150 new.
    I haven't used it a whole lot, but it does all the basic stuff with no problems. I am also not a skilled keyboardist, but the keys react well enough for my taste. It has 32 keys, which is more than enough for me.

3. aykut

aykut Guest

Also check: Evolution,Fatar and M-audio.But please read Harmony-Central user reviews before you buy one of them. :wink: