1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

KRK monitor sale.....

Discussion in 'Recording' started by pfactionbrett, Apr 3, 2008.

1. I've been mixong off $150 headphones for a while now because of how tight money's been. I really really need a set of monitors that are actually gonna be beneficial to my mixing, not just a $100 pair of m-audio's or something.

Musician's friend has a sale right now on the Rokit line of KRK monitors.

The RP-5 is 99.99 (was 149.99) each..so a pair would cost me $200.....

The RP-6 is 149.99 (was 199.99) each

and the RP-8 is 199.99 (was 249.99) each

I was looking into the RP-5 to begin with, but now the RP-6's are the same price the RP-5's used to be as a pair. I am thinking about the RP-6 but what size is gonna be most beneficial for my room. I'm only gonna be using them in a normal sized bedroom. Would the 5" be good enough or should I go for the 6". Some reviews say the bass response is better on the RP-6.

Should I look into different monitors for this price is another thing i'm wondering. Hoping I can get some useful help before this deal goes away. thanks

2. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Guest

I like all of my big old JBL's. All five pairs of them. Then I heard a pair of KRK's back in the early nineties. I really liked what I heard. I've purchased a couple pairs of Tannoy's that I ended up returning. I initially liked them but they really didn't have any balls. I don't have any but I wanted my speakers to have them. A couple of years later I got a pair of KRK RoKit's, which reside in the bedroom system, along with my Internet Puter. Last year, I got a pair of RP5's (yeah, at 300 bucks for the pair). Love them! They sound huge on top of my old JBL's in the control room. I wouldn't even use a Sub Woofer with them. I like them up. Neat. Like my single malt Scotch.

I also have one pair of The GLENLIVET's.
    Ms. Remy Ann David

3. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

See if they have any KRK V series IIs, also now superseded - they are so much better sounding than the RPs (Rokits).

4. I will look into the V series as well.

So I wouldn't be making a mistake with KRK though correct. Also remyrad, would you receomend I stick with the 5" or 6? I wouldn't be using them along side any other monitors...