1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

KRK V8 or Event 20/20?????????

Discussion in 'Recording' started by CoryX, Jul 30, 2006.

1. CoryX

CoryX Guest

pretty much, which is better, Event 20/20's or the KRK V8's? action ends in about 3 hours.

2. ZZTop

ZZTop Guest

I like the 20 20's

3. RemyRAD

RemyRAD Well-Known Member

I've not been impressed by the sound of the 20/20's. I think they are less than special? I really think their model number is rather lame? Equating good vision with good sound? I don't suppose Stevie Wonder would buy those?

I've regularly worked on KRK V8's and 88's and I love them. Don't forget the sub if you like a lota' bass. I especially like their Kevlar reinforced yellow woofers. I buy everything based on its color!

Maybe if you use some yellow spray paint on the 20/20's woofer's they would sound better??

Off-color
    Ms. Remy Ann David

4. jpietila

jpietila Guest

I have no experience on KRK, but I found Event 20/20 bas monitors very difficult to work with. They were ear fatiquing and mixes did not translate well. I replaced them with a pair of Genelec 1030A, these may sound a bit too flattering, but at least I learned them much more easily than Events.

-jp