1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Kurz K2000

Discussion in 'Recording' started by BarefootStudios, Feb 19, 2004.

1. BarefootStudios

BarefootStudios Active Member

Hello all. I just picked up a Kurzweil K2000. and was wondering if someone could tell me how to find out how much ram it has (I know it can be maxed to 64meg) How big is the hard drive? Software is 3.54J There is no fan installed on the bottom,so I assume the sampling option has not been installed.Thanks for any input! (There were no manuals) Peace. Barefoot

2. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Hello Barefoot. I own a K2500RS which I bought about 2 years ago. The "S" is to indicate sampling. It's maxed out with RAM for sampling but I don't use it for that. It's used mostly for the sound module. It's 1 of 4 samplers that I own. It seems you have the latest op/sys going & as far as HD is concerned, that's something that's considered an option (at least that's what I got when surfing Kurzweils' website). My 2500 does have a fan located in the rear so it shocked me to read that your lacking a fan. You defenitely got youself a good sound module.

3. dabmeister music

I assume your speaking of the keyboard version & not the rack? You should be able to go to Young Changs' website and download the manual free of charge. Good luck

4. BarefootStudios

Thanks Dab! Any quick tips to assigning midi recieve channels to patches,and then routing the sounds to the 4 individual outs? (I know the mix out is always a mix) Barefoot

5. dabmeister music

Hey Barefoot, here's where you can find some of what your looking for: kurzweil music systems. Apparently they've updated their website to be a little more user friendly but you should find any and everything pertaining to programming.

6. BarefootStudios

Thanks again Dab! (Better get a refill for my printer ink!)