1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lame idea?

Discussion in 'Recording' started by Greg Malcangi, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

I've been toying with the idea of arranging a meet one day for all the Recording.org users in the London area. It would be good to put a face and personality to the people I've communicated with. Hopefully: Jules, Renie, me + anyone else in the area who is interested. What do you think, lame or a good idea?

Greg

2. stoneinapond

stoneinapond Guest

Sounds like a great idea. But since I only get over to London once a year in October, I'll have to miss out. Unless it takes you that long to put the deal together.
    Peace,
    Yorik

3. Irene

Irene Guest

I think it's a really good idea too!

What kind of meeting have you in mind?

I'm not sure what would work best for me I'll give it some thought...

Renie

4. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

What kind of meeting have you in mind?

Nothing heavy, just a meet up in a nice quiet pub or wine bar one evening. Unless of course anyone has a better idea?

Greg

5. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Sounds fine! Within zone 1 or 2 and near public transport would be favorite!
    :)

6. audiokid

audiokid Staff

Greg, great idea! I would love to meet you and of course any member I could. I just bought a lottery ticket, if I win, I'm there. :D

7. Ang1970

Ang1970 Well-Known Member

My wife pointed out some ridiculous deals on airfare to London recently. Something like $200 and they give you hotel room for free. If I had the time I'd be all over it.

8. aggiedogg

aggiedogg Guest

posted January 09, 2002 08:55 PM                      
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My wife pointed out some ridiculous deals on airfare to London recently. Something like $200 and they give you hotel room for free. If I had the time I'd be all over it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could you ask your wife where she saw the fares at??

9. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

Within zone 1 or 2 and near public transport would be favorite!

Hi Jules, I used to know London like the back of my hand but I haven't lived there for ten years. Got any suggestions on suitable locations?

Chris and Angelo, if either or both of you can make it over the pond, I'll make sure to arrange the meet around your visit!

Greg

10. Can I come ? I've been more of a lurker than contributer lately, but It would be great to put faces to the names.

BTW United are doing $89 each way from NYC and British Airways are doing $143 each way NYC to Paris with a London stopover and two free nights in London Hotel.

-Peter

11. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

Hi Peter,

Of course you can come. It will be open to any RO members who wish to attend.

I'm currently tapping some of my contacts in London to find somewhere quiet, where we don't have to shout, with nice comfy chairs and a bar! If you or anyone else has any suggestions?

Greg

12. There are a whole host of bars in Hoxton (where the city meets islington and clerkenwell) with comfy leather sofas that are quiet during the week or daytime. Friday and Saturday evenings are a different matter however, so it depends on time.

-Peter

13. Irene

Irene Guest

Peter
    Good ideas.
    Do you know of a similar vibe place that is nearer Farringdon or Angel tube than Old Street (which I find quite difficult to navigate out of!!!)?
    If not, Old Street will be fine!
    I agree that Sun Mon Tues Weds Thurs are the best options. Daytime is a poss too.

Renie

14. There are a couple of places in Farringdon that are o.k. early on in the week. Angel has loads of places but is pretty busy all week. Old street isn't that bad to navigate from so long as you know the exit numbers. Otherwise it can be easy to get lost (We've only lost a few customers into the depths of Hackney.) :D

15. anonymous

anonymous Guests

The lunch at the Lord Stanley NW1 Camden Park Rd, (Near Camden School for girls) is good on a sunday!

I am up for anything, I am in a 'sort of free' period at present.. it wont last!

Come on lets do it soon... Sunday 24th anyone? All?

Jules

16. stedel

stedel Guest

Sniff..sob...sometimes Wombarra seems so far away......

17. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

Hi Jules,

I've let this idea slip a little as I've just had quite a big project come in.

The Lord Stanley sounds like a good idea to me, what about everyone else?

Providing we are in agreement on the location how about a date. Is the 24th Feb too soon? If so how about the 3rd of March, say 1:30pm. I can't do the 28th, I'll be tied to my chair in the studio that day.

Let's get this rolling. :)

Greg

18. Irene

Irene Guest

The venue's fine, 3rd March 1.30pm would suit me better though!
    If that's OK with everyone that gives you a week to get over here Stedel..

;)

Renie

19. Greg Malcangi

Greg Malcangi Member

Great!

Jules, anyone else: How does 3rd March 1:30pm at the Lord Stanley, NW1 sound?

Greg

20. If i'm not working ( I have a provisional booking) , I'll be there.