1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Laptop recording

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by bigmuffin76, Oct 29, 2003.

1. bigmuffin76

bigmuffin76 Guest

I need advice. I'm looking for something small, portable, and clean that I can use to record on the road. I don't need multiple inputs, just a clear and strong signal. Any advice? :p:
  2. hemal

hemal Guest

hi ive been using my new setup and its insane

dell inspiron 5150 (check the specs from dell )
    roughly 3 gig
    512mb ram
    glyph fw drive

motu 828 mk2 for multitrck
    and indigo io for quick recording no digital io

i use the cuemix through the motu system and by far this is the best monitoring system ever.

I have the motu and a TC m300 in a 2 space rack and honestly it has mad recording a JOY not a pain in the ass

hope this helps

3. bigmuffin76

bigmuffin76 Guest

Thanks Hemal,

I looked at the Motu, and it was PRICEY. Seems REALLY nice but I can't afford it :( so i may just go with the indigo io. how has that thing sounded on your machine? Incidentally, I'm typing you from an Inspiron 5150 (i'm on the road).

Thanks for the reply!
  4. Solar

Solar Guest

Apple Powerbook plus a Metric Halo 2882. Doesn't get much better sound than that.
  5. bigmuffin76

bigmuffin76 Guest

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep my eyes peeled for deals, but I'm thinking about that Indigo. Seems to me to be pretty cost-effective, and money is a concern at the moment!
  6. mjones4th

mjones4th Active Member

Aug 15, 2003
    You can get the MOTU for three monthly payments of $250 at http://www.americanmusical.com
  7. jonas

jonas Guest

hi brian!

Checkout digidesign's M-box! It is under 500 and your getting two focusrite pres, hi-z input, two inserts.... See for your self: http://www.digidesign.com/products/mbox/

M-audio FW410

Thats a great unit.