1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Layla Help needed!

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by NeedlessKane, Mar 5, 2005.

1. NeedlessKane

NeedlessKane Guest

Hello everyone. My band is accumulating equipment for recording, and a few months ago I picked up a Layla 20-bit sound card, and I need some help getting it to function to its full potential.

First off, our PC is as follows: P4 3.0GHZ, 512mb ram, 100gig hD

We have an old school Peavey MD-16 X 2 mixer that has invididual line outs for each channel. The Layla has 8 analog line-in's for recording, but everytime I record something, whether it be through the 16 channel peavey or a smaller mackie mixer that we have, it's always mono *Ie, play back is only through the left speaker*. Instead of having two wave forms in Samplitude, we always have 1. The manual to the Laya says that both matched and unmatched cables are compatible w/ the 8 analog inputs, and we have 1 matched cable that we were using for testing purposes and we still can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Newbie In Training
  2. Undergarage

Undergarage Guest

Are you assigning the in's and outs on your software? I have not used Samplitude, but I bet you have to tell it where you want everything to go. You have to choose left and rights.

3. NeedlessKane

NeedlessKane Guest

Hrmm, I don't know about the lefts/rights. I'm not that great w/ Samplitude, the other guitarist is the one that controls the program, I've always used Cool Edit Pro. We've set the recording device for the track, but I never saw any controls for left and right.