1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

ld mic preventative disaster

Discussion in 'Recording' started by bluelot2, Mar 30, 2002.

1. bluelot2

bluelot2 Guest

I just ordered a MXL V67M from Mars (after many reccomend's)and shockmount. I've used a cad95ni small-dia. cond. mic, but this is my first ld mic. I'll be using my art tube mp for phant./pre. I know ldm's are supposed to be very sensitive and I hear you can mess em' up easy.
    So could some of you tell me what things to avoid so I don't hurt anything? (or anyone...) This mic will be used 95% for vocals and I won't be dragging it anywhere outside of the recording room.
    If you know of a ldm 101 link or post somewhere, that would be cool also-

Thanks much-

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Don't drop it, don't blow air (or cigarette smoke) into it, use a pop screen with vocalists, don't use it in highly humid conditions. Try to use a solid phantom power source with it, and a sturdy mic stand that won't tip over.

Other than that, do whatever the hell with it you can think of! ;)

3. kent powell

kent powell Active Member

Man, littledog about covered it all. I would just add that you should store it securely, perhaps in the original box with foam if that's the best you can do. I like to keep the plastic cover on with the silica gel chips little paper bag thingie in there cuz it's hyoo-mid down here in Texus! But then, some would say this is overkill. I just like to make my gear last because I am poor.
    -kent