1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Legacy Audio Drivers

Discussion in 'Recording' started by pandamonkey, Feb 9, 2003.

1. pandamonkey

pandamonkey Active Member

Dec 28, 2001
    What are Legacy Audio and Video Capture Drivers?
    Are they an XP specific thing? Are they necesary? My M-Audio Delta 66 and Omni I/O sometimes acts up, could this be due to a conflict with these drivers? Should I ignore them and install my own sound card's drivers on top of them?
  2. p0rk

p0rk Guest

Legacy drivers are just old or outdated drivers. For example, if you get an error message about using a legacy driver, it may be because you are using a Windows 2000 driver on Windows XP. If that's the case, check and see if the manufacturer of your device has an upadted driver.
  3. pandamonkey

pandamonkey Active Member

Dec 28, 2001
    So, does that mean that I don't need to have those drivers on my computer???
  4. p0rk

p0rk Guest

Correct. In fact, for optimal performance, you don't want any legacy drivers installed, but sometimes it's inevitable.
  5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Distinguished Member

Apr 7, 2001
    It really depends on what the device is really. Most of the time it's fine. Updating the drivers can cause issues or maybe make things better. If the system works fine with them then leave it alone!!