1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lexicon MPX-500 vs TC Electronics M-One (XL)...which one

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by heybluez, Feb 11, 2002.

1. heybluez

heybluez Guest

I am looking to get a rack reverb/effects unit to go with my DIGI001. I would like a 24 bit processor
    with SPDIF connection. I am currently looking at the MPX-500 and the M-ONE.

Does anyone have any opinions about these units and what recommendations you would have?

Thanks in advance,
  2. coldsnow

coldsnow Active Member

May 14, 2001
    Mogadore, OH
    I have both (M1 nonXL) and it depends on what you want to do with it. For the best possible sounding reverbs and sound quality between the two the Mone is superior in my opinion. The 500,however, has a nice array of presets and is more versitle.
  3. sapplegate

sapplegate Active Member

Mar 5, 2001
    I have both as well and to me the M1 (non-XL in my case) blows away the MPX-500. The MPX-500 has too much color in a bad sort of way.
  4. heybluez

heybluez Guest

Thanks so much for the input. It is greatly appreciated and very useful.

Any more?

5. zeuss

zeuss Guest

I agree with everyone. M-One hands down.
  6. Sir Bob

Sir Bob Guest

I think most of us would take an effects unit with a few great reverb patches over one with 100's of effects.

What's a good price on the M-One?
  7. ghoost

ghoost Guest

For the $ it's hard to beat the M one ... somewhere btw $3-400 now. 90% of the time I'm reaching for it over the Lex MPX 1. Superb interface and versatility (if you're a tweakhead) and amazingly good sound for it's pricerange.

Kyle Ober
  8. subspace

subspace Guest

I've heard about some clocking issues trying to use the Lexicon in a S/PDIF FX loop with the MOTU 2408. May not be a problem with the Digi 001, but I'd find out if somebody else has it working before springing for it. HTH
  9. heybluez

heybluez Guest

Hello again.

I went ahead and ordered an M-One XL last night. Seems to have gotten a lot of feedback lately :) Anyway, I will be mixing some stuff this weekend so I will use it and give a report.

Also, I know where to find an M-One original for a very good price for those interested. There is only one available so email me and I will let you know where to go.

Talk to you later..and thanks,