1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lexicon MPX1 or LPX-1

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Hemmick Reef, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Hemmick Reef

Hemmick Reef Guest

I have a LXP-1 and wondered if the MPX1 or 550 sounded better, or would have any advantages in a home studio over the LXP-1?

Thanks

2. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

Here's a list of lexicon effects on Harmony Central, other gear there too under user review

user reviews on most of the units should help in your decision,,

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Lexicon/

I have the LXp-1,, wish i had the MRC controler for it, I also noticed the lead player from YES has the LXP in his home rack,,

other then that , hope it helps, let us know what you decide and why ..

peace

SI

3. Hemmick Reef

Hemmick Reef Guest

If steve Howe has one, then it must be good enough for me! :D

My guitar playing is another question though :?

4. StevenColbert

StevenColbert Member

I owned both the LXP-1 and the MPX1, IMHO the LXP1 sounded better. Not by much, but that's the way I remember it.
    The MPX1 was fun for awhile. But there did come a time when I had to upgrade to get away from the MPX1.
    I never owned any PCM models, but that's all that's left for me with Lexicon. The lesser models were just NOT that good.

5. saemskin

saemskin Active Member

agreed, I owned the mpx500 for awhile and it was no fun. Sitting next to the Kurzweil Mangler all the fx preset sounded really washed out.

6. Hemmick Reef

Hemmick Reef Guest

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will stick with the LXP-1 for now and save for maybe a second hand PCM70 or similar.

7. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Guest

I think a PCM 70 was posted a couple weeks back in the buy/sell area,,,

SI