1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Lexicon PCM90/91 vs. TC Electronic M3000

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by tony desilva, Jul 4, 2003.

1. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

Folks,

I am getting ready to upgrade to a better reverb unit (I use a Lexicon LXP-15 at the moment), and I've narrowed it down to either the Lexicon PCM91 or the TC Electronic M3000. I don't have the ability to A/B them and I'm really interested in finding out what everyone thinks of these units. Of primary interest to me is how they sit in a mix, bang for the buck (excluding manufacturer hype), and any quirks that I should be aware of.
    My vocal path consists of a Lawson L47MP mic through a Vintech Audio X73 pre(love 'em both!).

2. How can you not have the ability to A/B both of them? You can order both of them from AMS, and send back the one you like the least.

3. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

Thanks Robert. Thats a great idea!

Tony

4. sheet

sheet Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Man you couldn' have picked two more completely differrent sounding units. They are worlds apart in operation as well. Good luck.

If it were me, I'd go for that new Kurzweil box in the comparison too.

5. ckevperry

ckevperry Active Member

Yep you HAVE to hear them. They are worlds apart in sound. But in general if you like sensing reverb but not hearing it...(transparent for acoustic instruments) then TC reverbs might be nice for you.

6. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

Thanks to all who replied. After more research, I I'm going with the PCM91.

Thanks again, you guys are great.

Tony

7. e-cue

e-cue Active Member