1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Line Audio CM2

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by route909, Dec 25, 2002.

1. route909

route909 Guest

Hey recording gurus! Has anyone tried the Line Audio CM2 mics? I´m out to buy a pair of small diaphragm mics and they look decent. I want a pretty flat frequency response, cardioid pattern and if possible; omni, but that´s not necessary. I need a reasonably low noise, as I´m recording a lot of finger-picked classic guitar. And of cource, a good price. I´ll probably buy the mics with a money-back-guarantee, so if I´m not satisfied, I´ll just give them back to the store for a complete refund. I´ll have to pay double the price for the CM2´s, for a pair of Røde NT5´s. I know of the new Studio Projects C4´s, but they are a little too expensive at this date and aren´t exactly available in Sweden. I already have a pair of NT1000s and a C1, so I don´t need any LD mics at this date. I´d be very thankful for any input!

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Jul 2, 2002
    77 Sunset Lane.
    I took a look at Line Audios website, http:// and I must say I saw nothing that moved me. It appeared to be all marketing. I must say it was an elegant presentation.
    The CM2 is a back charged electret mic, the cheapest type of condenser. Line Audio is a Swedish company but there is no real hint at the site as to where these mics are manufactured. I think the Studio Projects mics would be at least as good a choice. You can find the manufacturer Alan Hyatt, here

(expired link removed)

and ask him about how you can get them in Sweden or vist their website at

It's my opinion, I'll play with it if I want to! ………. Fats
  3. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Jun 29, 2001
    LM CM2's are close to a 451E. (based on what I hear on the kit with recordings I am working from Swedien)

Try them and see.
    I have Swedish buddys and I will inquire about them. I can send them 2 451's to compare and we can see over time.

It sounds damn good. really damn good at 120 each USD

I also have folks that will send me samples to check out. Lets see about them one on one.

At 120 dollars US, you are not throwing away any money here.

I prefer to do a hands on approach actually.
  4. byacey

byacey Active Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    Hi, I have a friend here in Canada that is the exclusive distributor for them, and I have used them and they aren't bad at all. The mics are made in Sweden, the diaphragms bought from Japan. The guy building this stuff does a good job and is very meticulous, but he isn't into glitzy marketing and hype. If you would like more info the distributor is Bill Merik, billgm@interbaun.com. Bill is an all-round nice guy and a straight shooter. He is not at all a typical salesman that tells you what you want to hear just to make a sale. Something about that name Bill.....
    Bill Y.
  5. route909

route909 Guest

Way! They are actually $180 for a pair at my local shop, which is pretty good, considering the NT5´s costing two to three times as much. I know I should not rush out and buy mics, but I really want small diaphragm mics and these look damn fine and weigh nothing (I´ve held them, but not heard them). Very transparent looks (My NT1000´s take up a lot of real estate when doing live vocal gigs and I want something smaller). Thanx for the quick replies, I´ll go and buy a pair tomorrow and see what it leads to!