1. Register NOW and become part of this fantastic knowledge base forum! This message will go away once you have registered.

Line input

Discussion in 'Pro Audio Equipment' started by Mandachuva, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Mandachuva

Mandachuva Guest

I want to purchase a DBX 286A, and it has a mic input (with a preamp) and a line input. Can I use the line input tu plug in an e-guitar? It says the line is 30k-60k Ohm impedance. This is high impedance (high-Z), right? 'Cos I know that the e-guitar is high impedance, so it should fit... Am I taking this the wrong way or something?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guests

Yes, it will work just fine.

3. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Why don't you just plug in a guitar and see if it works :?: Don't be afraid to try new approaches or experiment. As long as you don't plug the outputs of a power amp into a line or mic input, with a liitle caution , like keeping you monitors turned down, you really can't hurt much of anything.

4. Mandachuva

Mandachuva Guest

Plug the guitar into what?... I don't own the 286A, as of yet. :p Nor do I own a similar apparatus.

5. iznogood

iznogood Member

the line in of the 286 is not intended for guitar.... 30dB of gain probably will not be enough for a guitar pick-up.... and high impedance usually means upwards of 100k?

use the mic in instead....